This is a monthly update where I share what I’ve been working on recently. For the previous installment, check out my May 2023 Update.
Wow, we’re already halfway through the year! I’m looking at my goals for 2023 and realizing I really need to step it up in Q3 and Q4 if I want to get anywhere close to my revenue goal, but at the same time, I’m hesitant to pour energy into bringing in more traffic when my activation numbers are still not great, so I’m not sure what my focus should be.
I think as always, I just need to push on everything. SEO and PPC to pull more traffic, but also product stuff to improve activation. And I guess I’m heading in that direction, since I did a bit of both this month.
I feel like I’m making excuses, but since I don’t just want to throw money away, I’ve been reading a lot about Google Ads, setting up conversion tracking, researching keywords, and writing copy, all in anticipation of running my first actual ad.
On the SEO front, I’ve also been working on some listicle-style articles that came out of my keyword research.
Fixes & Improvements
On the product front, I also shipped several small fixes and improvements:
- You can now remove any integration, at least deleting it from Teaminal’s database
- After enabling an integration, you’re now redirected to page where you can configure settings related to that integration for all teams
- Switched from Google Analytics and Hotjar to PostHog
- Added “click to copy” for custom signup links
- The main feed will now always start at the most recent item, instead of the current week
- If a Jira token cannot be refreshed, I now delete it (this was causing errors on the team settings page for one user)
Update: The July 2023 Update is the next post in this series.